Followers

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My Boating Adventure

I was invited on a friend's boat for the week-end. Of course, I can't say what kind of boat, the name of the boat, where or when we went, nor the name of the Captain. Nor can I share many pictures. But, Ginger and I had a great time. She wore her life vest like a good girl:
The boat was beautiful, as was the weather. We had a "Plan B", in case the weather turned yucky but it didn't. The first night, we ate cheese, crackers, fruit and drank a bottle of Santa Marguerita. I slept like a baby, with the gentle rocking of the boat. Of course, Ginger slept in my arms.
She was pretty well behaved, for the most part. We all climbed into the dinghy for her "bathroom breaks" and to get a little exercise. She sat between the Captain and me and was totally happy until someone went down below for something. Then, she had to tag along. On Saturday, we went to a restaurant at a boutique hotel on the water and took Ginger. It was fairly rough, so climbing in and out of the dinghy was a bit of a challenge, but not insurmountable. I ordered a turkey sandwich that was so incredibly delicious. The bread was full of nuts and the sandwich had thinly slice roasted red pepper and cucumber on it, with stone ground mustard. That, a bottle of San Pellegrino, good company and the view all combined to make it a very memorable lunch. This is Ginger in her place on the bridge:
The view the second night was just gorgeous:
Of course, I can't tell you what it is a view OF.
The captain cooked dinner and wouldn't let me do anything, other than toss the salad. After spending the entire day on the water, bedtime came early. Breakfast consisted of whole wheat english muffins, yogurt and fruit. My favorite!
When I got back to my car, there were parking violation notices everywhere. I'm lucky it didn't get towed away. Overnight parking wasn't allowed. Oops. I got home early enough to be able to unpack, do laundry and get my wardrobe ready for the week ahead.

No comments: