Followers

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Christmas in Hollywood a/k/a "Girls Gone Wild"

DO YA THINK WE WERE HAVING FUN YET??????? NARRATIVE FOLLOWS THESE HILARIOUS PICTURES.
The request has been made to change the names to protect the guilty. So, I will comply. My friends, Doris and Kim, (not their real names) and I had decided to go down to Hollywood Beach for the Candy Cane Christmas Parade. (That “Doris” and I had missed the week-end before) We met at my house, and after a mad rush, we had dropped Ginger off at the pet resort and were on our way to south Florida. I had never met “Kim” but Doris had told me what fun she was. Well, all the way down, we talked about our lives, our experiences, our sexuality and our men (and women). Within a couple of hours, we had bonded and felt like we had been friends for years. We got to the motel and were able to check in right away, although we were early. I grabbed my beach towel, beach bag and chair and waited by the car. The girls were still in the room, so I went up to see what was keeping them. “We can’t find our lip gloss” they exclaimed. Not to worry, I assured them – I had plenty. When we got to the beach, I passed around my lip gloss collection and we each picked a color or a sparkle gloss. Still, we are laughing, talking and joking about everything. We wondered when Fernando was going to show up. Sure enough, after about two hours, here comes Fernando. He sits down (and we are certain that he wants to take the three of us to bed) when we decide “Oops – it’s cocktail time”. We say “Ciao” to Fernando and head for Ocean Alley, the restaurant and bar where Doris and I had come to feel so at home. “Our” seats were taken when we got there, so we proceeded to sit at the outside bar stools. Before long, one of the “regulars” welcomed us and reminded us that the outside chairs were “their” domain. We relinquished them for a while but got them back when everyone decided to stand up. What a great bunch of people. I sure as Hell can’t remember many names, so the names I will use from here on out may be real and they may not. We got real “chummy” with them. We were now considered “locals”, since we had been there two week-ends in a row and were just “good” people, according to them. We reconnected with the ice cream magnate (whose brand we had never heard of), the singer (who was fabulous), the bartenders, and the local people who were there every week-end. They invited us to be a part of their group. From swingers, to retirees - everyone was there and a fabulous time was had by all!!!

No comments: