Followers

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Begging for Help

As I was sitting on the living room floor, eating Hershey’s kisses, I realized that I needed help. NOT psychological, but physical. Surrounded by unpacked boxes, I did the only thing I could think of – I called Barb in Atlanta and begged for help. Fortunately, she was able to get on a plane within a couple of days and come to my rescue. Now Barb is my best friend from high school. We go a looonnnnggggg way back! What’s great about our friendship is that we are always able to pick up where we left off – even if we haven’t talked for YEARS. We couldn’t possibly be more opposite – she wears black, I wear bright colors. She smokes, I don’t. I drink, she doesn’t. She’s conservative, I’m bodacious. Yet, we have always gotten along. Go figure. She got here on Sunday and on Monday morning, she had me unpacking boxes, throwing away trash, shoving stuff into drawers and closets, and making room where there was none. Here is a “before” pic:
Fortunately, we found time to have a little fun. We went to Monte's, a restaurant at the Miami Beach Marina for oysters and took a walk along the docks. Unbelievable boats, yachts, cigarette boats, sailboats. Quite a lot of boats. We had lunch one day with my friend, Ed at Giorgio's on the Intracoastal and, of course, at at my neighborhood hangout, Barchetta on the Bay. We really had a good time, although Barb worked my fingers to the bone most of the time. The weather couldn't have been more perfect - sunny and warm almost every day. And to think when Barb left Atlanta, it was snowing!!!!
Here are some "after" pictures:

No comments: