Followers

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Solo Patrol Assist

Here I am in uniform, in my patrol car ready to go it alone for the first time. I was all excited when the computer displayed "DISPATCHED". I pressed the button to find out what exciting event I had been dispatched to. It was the dispatch crew asking me if I could go get them dinner at Boston Market. What a letdown. Later I got dispatched to an area where 6 cars were parked in a "No Parking" zone. I succeeded in getting 5 of them moved by their owners and wrote my very first citation on the one whose owner I couldn't find. The rest of the night was pretty quiet until around 9:00 pm. A drunk was driving down one of the main roads, endangering other drivers. It took 6 police officers to stop him and he finally ended up crashing into a wall. When I heard what happened on the radio, I put myself "out of service" and headed back to the station. If I had gotten dispatched to that call I would have been out until midnight. I have to work for a living!!!

No comments: