Followers

Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Visit From Gypsy

I get a call on Monday from Gypsy "I'm coming to visit - TONIGHT" Yikes. I had a class at the Red Cross until 9 and Steve had a meeting, so neither of us were going to be home until late. "No problem" says Gypsy - "I have a friend I can stay with tonight and you can meet me at Haulover in the morning". So, Tuesday morning, I pack a cooler and head to Haulover Beach. (The nude beach) There she was with this big fat ugly guy. I am thinking to myself "what's up with that?". As it turns out, he's a pretty nice guy and he teaches the concealed weapons class. So, I've s"et it up that Max, Jimbo and I can get our CWP's, maybe next week, for $50 each! We had been there a couple of hours when this blond god walks by and says to Gypsy "I like your hat." After he walks by, we say to each other (in girl look language) "this one is NOT getting away". So, she flirts with him when he walks back by, oblivious to poor old George. So, the god stops and talks to us. As he was leaving, he had to put a towel in front of him - it was very obvious that he liked her a lot. Later, after George left, he comes over and spends a couple of hours talking to Gypsy. The outcome is that he took her to The Trapeze that night AND again on Saturday night! He was at the beach on Saturday, as were we. I met so many people that day. Also, Harry & Sonia (two swingers I know from OA) were there and Harry cured my touch deprivation. What was funny was that there were about six couples who were going to Trapeze that night, so Lou knew other people at the club. We went shopping at thrift stores and consignment shops on Wednesday. I got a beautiful georgette dress and a pair of brand new Italian jeans whose original price wads $245! I only paid $11 for them. I bought them to wear to fires, too! They'll look great with my Disaster Action Team tshirt! (for the Red Cross, of course) Thursday, we had lunch with Mo, which was nice. I miss spending time with him. He just got back from Montana and was leaving for Texas the next day. I can't believe it has been a year and a half since we were on his boat. I had so many hopes of time with him. But - business and family come first. I'm nothing more to him than a diversion. On Friday, we went back to Haulover but got chairs and an umbrella this time. Friday night, we rented some movies and I made lamb chops, asparagus and a spinich salad for dinner. Saturday found us back at Haulover and I must say it was the best time I've had at the beach since I've been here. I was sorry to see her go on Sunday, but she had a really good time at Trapeze. I watched "Knowing" again, with Nicolas Cage. Tomorrow, I'm going diving with my cowboy bud, then up to Pompano Beach to have my tanks inspected and refilled. They only charge $14 for the inspection and nitrox fill, AND they will do it while I wait. The other shops wanted me to leave them for 3 to 5 days. How can I do that when I never know when I'm going diving again? Anyway, Cowboy would like to do the Venice megladon tooth dive, so it looks like that will happen soon. I need to make up Saturday night to Max - we were supposed to go to Artwalk in Hollywood, but I was too tired and didn't even call him. Not good. Maybe a nice home cooked dinner would work. Who knows what September will hold? A hurricane, I hope...the Red Cross is really hurting for contributions. (Plus I get to work in the Emergency Operations Center)

No comments: